Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Definitely NOT a 30 Minute Card

At 4:00 this afternoon I began working on the elements for this card.  Taking out about an hour for the time I spent fixing dinner, it took me 4.5 hours to complete four of these!

I'm a slow learner!  I had the butterfly imported and resized in Make The Cut twice, without remembering to save the file, when the size of the file caused my Windows to shut down as it was being transferred the Cameo to cut!  After the second crash, I decided to step away and cook dinner.

I've had my Windows shut down before while using Make The Cut.  It happened when I tried to send an entire 12 x 12 mat full of intricate designs to the Cameo to cut.  Today I had too many of the filigree butterflies.  You'd think after the first time, I'd have saved the file! 

The butterfly is from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  I used an 1.5 inch scalloped square and 1 inch square punch to do the photo corners.  The butterfly sits on a paper doily.  (I intended to cut my own doily, but after the two shut downs, I just wanted to get these finished!)


1 comment:

AndreaA said...

Very pretty Linda!!! Hope you did remember to save the file after all.
You may need it again someday.