Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Floral Card

I was inspired by an image I saw online today to make this card.

The flowers are clip art images from Hallmark card software, printed on patterned paper.  Once they were printed, they looked too flat.  I decided to add a shadow with a Promarker.

The image on the left is how it looks printed onto the paper.  The center image shows how I outlined the shape using n Ice Grey 5 Promarker.  The image on the right is the outline softened by using a blender pen over the grey outline.

Another thing I did today was to use the negative portion of the cut out letters as a stencil to aid in placing the letters where I needed them onto the front of the card.

The letters were cut in Make The Cut software using Subway font. The software properly spaces the letters so by laying the stencil onto the card front I was able to make pencil marks where the letters needed to be adhered.

No comments: