Saturday, February 9, 2013

Scalloped Punch Birthday Card

Inspired by a card seen in the latest Close To My Heart catalog, which featured their version of the birthday sentiment stamp.

Nowadays, I'm doing the majority of my sentiments on my computer.  It saves me tons of money and I don't have to find room to store another sentiment stamp.  Another great benefit to going digital is that you can print the images any size you want.

There were three EK Sucess punches used: 1 3/4" and 2" scallop and 2 1/2" circle to create the base for the sentiment.  The largest scalloped shape was cut with Make The Cut software and my Cameo.



The card I based mine on had a white background.  Once I finished this one, I thought the white was too stark.  I added some pen work to break up the white area but still wasn't satisfied.









I'm glad I was working on these at stamp club where I had the LSS, Scraptopia, to shop in!  I picked up some sheets of light blue cardstock for the base and like the cards much better.

The large white brads are from the last Stampin' Up clearance sale.  All the papers I used are from Authentique.

No comments: