Monday, August 20, 2012

30 Minute Card with Embossing

This card was inspired by one done by a Stampin' Up demonstrator.  I used kraft cardstock for the base and a torn piece of embossed white card stock for the trim across the top.  Some were done with white embossing powder and some with gold. 

 I had to put the gold embossed card at an angle so the shine was visible on the images.
 This is embossed with gold embossing powder but it appears brown because of the angle of the light.
The white ones were done first.  Then I decided to try the gold powder.  I believe I prefer the gold.

It took me less than 30 minutes to complete eight of these to add to my Operation Write Home box.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Nice cards! I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is wonderful. I love them all, but the gold one is my fav too:-)

MaryH said...

Both are lovely, but I think I prefer the gold one also. Was hard to make a choice, as the white one is so pretty also. Love the torn embossed paper effect. TFS