Monday, August 13, 2012

Telephone Card

Clip art is a great alternative to buying embellishments or stamps for images.  You can find just about anything you need using Google Image search and resize it to fit your project. 

Over the past four years I've accumulated a large supply of stamps, punches and Cricut cartridges to use.  It's becoming more difficult for me to locate stamps I need for a particular image, so I've been using a lot of free clip art for my cards.

Both the old fashioned phone and the banner are free clip art images.  I printed the phone out twice so that I could cut the receiver portion out and pop dot it onto the phone base for dimension.  The banner was imported into Hallmark card making software, resized to fit an A2 card and the sentiment was added.

 The sentiment was printed onto blue paper and cut out by hand and pop dotted onto the card front.
The geometric pattern on this cardstock reminded me of the 60's so I thought it went well with the old style phone image.

2 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very cute Linda.. I have had to search the Internet sometimes for a certain image

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Lovely card and I think the sentiment is wonderful. TFS