Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Using Clip Art Images

I've been asked to share the link for the clip art images I use.  Shhh!  Don't tell anyone, it's a secret.....but I just go to Google's search page, at the top there's a list "SEARCH--IMAGES--YOUTUBE.  etc., etc".  Click on the "IMAGES" button and then type what you want to find in the search box.

This is how I found the sombrero to use on the cards this afternoon as well as the image of the girl holding the shell to her ear.

Like any search engine, you may need to re-word your search criteria to find exactly what you want.  For example, I had typed in "sombrero clip art" then I tried just "sombrero" and found the one I used.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "secret" site for clip art! On the other hand, I just wanna know what image you wanna search for - do you have your card idea first? This makes sense unless you're me which needs the art first! Bummer being backwards sometimes...

TK

Linda said...

Yes, I start with a card idea and then go find an image. Sometimes during my search I'll find an image nothing like what I thought I wanted and wind up going in a completely different direction with the card! LOL!

I'd suggest if you like the vintage image, just Google search for vintage photos. You'll find tons of them!

I've found lots of things as free clip art that closely resemble stamp sets that I didn't want to spend the money on.

What got me started using clip art was when I discovered "digi-stamps" online from people like Dustin Pike. Have the Hallmark card making software makes it easy to use digital images on cards.

MaryH said...

Thanks for sharing this info...I just found a neat place on Pinterest last evening, that has some lovely vintage flowers also. Great idea on the digi images, as stamps are getting so costly, also running out of storage space. On the Pinterest, if you're interested, I visit Daily Hugs blog, searched her Pinterest, and she has some great stuff. (As do YOU!)

Linda said...

MaryH---I tried to find Daily Hugs on Pinterest with no luck! Would love to see her cards, etc. Is there another way to search other than just Daily Hugs?