Saturday, May 12, 2012

Blue and White Card

Since Provocraft sent out replacement cartridges to correct a discrepancy between the cartridge and the overlay, I took another look at Paper Trimmings.  Truthfully, I'd totally forgotten about even owning it!  The cartridge has a lot of really neat flowers or medallions on it.

I cut the white portion of the flower at 3" and the shadow portion at 3 1/2".  Using the hide contour feature in Design Studio, I eliminated the circle in the flower center and opted to use a punched shape instead.

The background paper is Great Lakes Paisley from Scrapbook Customs.  The white border was done with a SU border punch.

The large solid blue area across the bottom just needed something to break it up.  Stamping a sentiment and punching it out would have solved the issue, but while I was on the phone with Shirley, aka Okieladybug, the teardrop shaped scraps from the flower caught my eye.  I just attached them with some Scotch Quick Dry glue and they added just what I needed. 

2 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty card. I love to use the leftovers like that and blue and white always looks so fresh and neat!

AndreaA said...

Very pretty card. I love just the two colors together.
I never heard of this cartridge before your post the other day. Now I am going to have to go to M's to see what is on it.