Monday, November 14, 2011

Holiday Sanity Kit

I sent this to my good friend, Anita, who lives in Bristow.  She and I met about 20 years ago through our love of crafts.  We now live about 50 miles apart but we try to keep in touch as much as we can.

Anita is the kind of person who'd decorate her entire house and yard for any holiday.  Halloween and Christmas are her favorites.  She had wreaths, flags and all sorts of items inside her house for those days.  Now that we're  both, shall we say, a little less enthusiastic about the effort it takes to do all that decorating, I thought this might help to get her back into the holiday spirit.

Now that we don't have any little ones, it's just not as important to us to do all the decorating we used to.  


It's a Plano tackle box that I embellished with my Cricut and filled with some miniature chocolate bars.  The snowflakes were done with a Martha Stewart punch and I just added some Stickles, ribbon and diamond dust to bling it up a little.

 There's also a pack of homemade Christmas cards and some of the Santa-tizer in her package.  It's always fun to send a crafty gift to another crafter.   And adding a little chocolate to any gift is always a good idea!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG Linda, I love your fabulous Holiday Sanity Kit!! I need one of those at my house, lol..

Scrappy Hugs,
Amanda :0)

CCfromoz said...

Oh wow, would love one of those, might have to make one for my daughters

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a fun project! I know Anita loves being your friend!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Robin's Crafting Creations said...

HOW CUTE, I LOVE IT