Sunday, October 30, 2016

Crock Pot Pinto Beans With Roast

Edited to add:    I tasted this after the roast was done and it's bland.  Since I hate wasting a good pot roast, I added some taco seasoning and am hoping we'll eat at least a part of it!  DEFINITELY NOT A KEEPER RECIPE FOR ME!

I found this recipe online and did my version of it today.  It's in the crock pot for dinner tomorrow.


Soooo easy!! In a crock-pot put 2 cups of raw pinto beans on bottom, mix in a can of rotel and some green chili!! Season beans with cumin, garlic powder, a little chili powder, and minced onion. Place roast on top and season same way. Add water to cover beans and about have of roast. (May need to add water as cooking) turn crock to high and cook until roast falls apart and beans are done. I then switch to low so all spices can simmer!! 

Here's a photo of mine.
I used chopped onion, can of chopped green chilies, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and 2 T. chili powder, let it cook for several hours and decided it needed something else so I added a can of diced tomatoes.  I now have a crock pot full!  Hope we like it.


No comments: