Sunday, December 14, 2014

Live In The Moment

Yesterday, while shopping with Shirley, I picked up these circle dies at Tuesday Morning. The smallest shape is layered on top of a 1" scalloped punched circle.   I figured I better use them on a card before they got put away and forgotten.  There are so many tools and supplies in my craft room that even after walking the aisles in both Hobby Lobby and Michael's yesterday I could not find a single thing I wanted or needed to buy.

Using Make The Cut, I laid out the card front and modified the right triangles to fit.  It took me at least 30 minutes to decide on the papers to use.  I wanted to pick up the colors in the banner behind the triangles and tried multiple combinations of colors and prints before deciding that the turquoise color looked best with an orange layer.  Picking colors is difficult for me!

The longer I looked at the photo, the more I thought it needed something on the orange triangles.  The added punched flowers were what it needed.

 

1 comment:

diane said...

What a find and how lovely!!!
I have got to get my craft room in order and start crafting!
diane @ thoughts and shots