Saturday, December 27, 2014

Chili Recipes

A couple of weeks ago, I searched high and low for these recipes.  I knew they were hand written on lined paper and the last time I had seen them they were tucked between two cookbooks in the kitchen.  I found them tonight, typed them and saved them in a recipe folder on my computer.  Maybe next time I get the urge to use one I'll be able to find it!

    WHITE CHILI

3 cups cooked white beans
2 cups chicken broth
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup white wine
1 tsp. cumin seeds—if using ground cumin, use less
1 tsp. oregano
½ tsp salt
½ tsp. sage
½ tsp. thyme
½ tsp. marjoram
6 jalapeno pepper slices

Combine 2 cups beans, 1 cup broth and pepper slices
In blender and process until smooth.

Heat 1 cup broth, 1 cup beans, wine, onion, garlic and
seasonings in 2 quart saucepan.  Brinkg to a boil.  Add
Pureed bean mixture and heat thoroughly.








VEGETABLE CHILI

 1 ½ T. vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup diced carrots
½ cup chopped red or green pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 T. chili powder
¾ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. ground cumin
dash red pepper flakes
½ tsp. ground oregano
1 can tomatoes
2 cups black beans, drained  (I prefer to use white beans)

Saute vegetables in oil until tender.  Add remaining
Ingredients and simmer for a few minutes.

No comments: