Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Travel Themed Card Bases

I absolutely love a bargain!  A while ago at Hobby Lobby, Okieladybug and I found several boxes of Paper Studio premade cards on the clearance rack.  The price of the cards and envelopes was so low that I bought all they had thinking I could just add some embellishments and have a box full of cards for Operation Write Home.

One box had primary colored geometric shapes, one had animal prints and one had travel themed images.  The geometric ones were super easy to embellish.  I still have the animal prints and the travel themed ones to do. 

The travel themed ones have stumped me.  So, I challenged myself to come up with something and get these used and on the way to OWH.

I used a Tim Holtz die to cut the scalloped piece.  The photo is vintage clip art found online.  I printed the sentiment on my computer and decided if I punched it with a circle punch it would sort of look as if the man in the photo was holding a balloon.

The suitcase is a clip art image that I printed and cut out by hand.  I printed the sentiment, stamped some post marks over the words and mounted the tag on dark brown cardstock.  The images are pop dotted for dimension.

So, two down and seven more different travel themed cards to design!  Each box had multiples of each design so at least when I come up with an idea, I can do duplicates to make it go faster.


No comments: