Sunday, December 9, 2012

Okieladybug's Eighth Annual Girlfriend's Christmas Party

Tonight was Shirley's annual Christmas party.  This is a party that she plans for all year and boy did we all have a great time!  I laughed so much my cheeks still hurt!

You would not believe the gifts we were able to buy with our Santa Bucks during the auction! Shirley works all year making items, then she wraps them and auctions them off to us for the Santa Bucks she provides us.   I got just what I wanted!  A full set of Shirley's handmade cards, a recipe tin she made that's full of her candy recipes on decorated cards and a card kit (but I had to buy that from Carrie Elmore! lol!)

It's a little after 1 a.m. and I just made it home.  I'm too tired to make photos of my auction items tonight, so that will be my post for tomorrow.

We played Dirty Santa with gifts we'd all brought and this year there was very little stealing.  My gift is absolutely perfect because it has kitchen items in it.  So glad Robyn Abbott found those cute measuring spoons and hot mits.  I needed some new Christmas things for the kitchen.

Helen Edwards brought her new I-pad 3 and shot tons of great photos.  I'm hoping that she and the others who took photos will post them online so I can see all of them.  We even had some fun at Carrie's expense by sending one photo to her husband just to prove she made it to the party.  We'll have to wait to see what his reaction was! LOL!

Thanks, Shirley, for putting on such a great party.  You invite just the right combination of people and we all have a great time!  I'm already looking forward to next year's and hope I didn't get eliminated off the guest list!

No comments: