Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Apple Card

Who knew there was a perfect apple on the Home Accents cartridge?  I certainly didn't until I was scrolling through my Excel spreadsheet that lists the shapes by cartridge!

I cut the apple using Design Studio so I was able to use the "hide contour" feature to eliminate cutting the apple, stem and leaf all one color.  Then I cut the stem and leaf section from green cardstock and colored the stem with a BIC marker.

The apple is inked with Chestnut Roan.  As I was doing the inking, I slightly arced the top and bottom center of the apple to allow me to ink the indentation.  This makes it seem more prounounced.  Then I added some white gel pen work onto the eyes and edge of the leaf.  The face is a Peachy Keen stamp.




The sentiment was printed in Hallmark card software.  I even added the background in the software and printed it too!  I don't know why I haven't done this technique before!  It makes perfectly good sense to do it this way instead of just printing the words onto white cardstock and then having to cut mats to go behind that.

Seems I'm using my computer more and more and buying fewer stamps to use.  Not only do I enjoy having the option of changing my fonts, I don't have to figure out where to store the stamps and I save tons of money! 

No comments: