Friday, April 6, 2012

While Okie's Away

My friend, Shirley -- aka Okieladybug--is currently on a seven day Cricut cruise.  I'm sure she's having a good time since she's with her BFF from college, Karen.  However, I'm concerned about Okie's not having internet or smart phone access for SEVEN WHOLE DAYS!

While she's off enjoying herself in the sunny Caribbean, we've had a cold snap and had to get our sweatshirts and jackets out again in Oklahoma.  No freeze warnings have been issued though and that's always a concern here until after Easter.

I've done quite a lot of work in the back yard getting it all prettied up for the summer.  Now that it's done, I took the afternoon and went craft shopping! Yes, without Okie along!

There's a really neat stamp shop in Moore, OK named and Bear Makes 3.  They sell all kinds of wood mounted stamps and have recently begun to stock more cling mount rubber and clear acrylic stamps.  I get emails from them every few weeks with a list of card making classes and photos of the finished cards.  Vicki Bridges is the class teacher, this link will take you to her blog with card photos.

They know what they're doing...each time I see the photos, I have to have the stamps they've used!

These are the ones I picked up today.  The travel themed ones remind me of Tim Holtz stamps (that's probably why I had to have them!)  I have a couple of other sets with the little fat cats and love them.  You can stamp and color them in just a few seconds.  That's a good thing when I'm making multiples of a card.


( I really bought the cat stamps for my recipe album pages.)


More butterfly stamps to add to my collection!

No comments: