Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirled Brownies.

 I really, really need to quit finding new recipes to try out!  Just pulled these out of the oven and they're going into my recipe book for sure.  Even though they're called brownies, this has a more soft cake-like texture than a regular brownie.  The peanut butter/cream cheese filling is delish!

You do know, in Oklahoma, cream cheese is considered its own food group, right?  LOL!

In my oven, using an aluminum 9 x 13 pan, these were done in only 20 minutes.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirled Brownies

1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/4 c. flour
1 c. + 6 TB sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla, divided
1/4 tsp baking soda
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. creamy peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
In a heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter.
Remove from heat. Stir in eggs. Add flour, 1 c. sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and baking soda.
Pour into prepared pan.
 In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Beat on medium-high heat until completely smooth. Add in 6 TB sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla, scraping the bowl as needed.
Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter mixture onto the brownie batter, creating a cobblestone appearance. Using a wooden skewer or knife, swirl peanut butter mixture into brownie batter to create swirls.

 Bake 25-30 minutes, until set. Let cool to room temperature before cooling in the refrigerator. Once cooled, cut into bars. Makes 2 dozen large brownies.

7 comments:

Carrie K said...

OMG! How did you know I just started a diet and peanut butter and chocolate are my favorite treats? These sound delicious. I might have to break my diet!!

JennyKozar said...

I am at work right now and just the thought of these make me hungry!!! LOL

char52 said...

Sounds yummy but definitely not WW.

Amanda said...

Holy mother, I love everything about this! peanut butter is it's own food group in my family!!!

Vanessa said...

Those sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Holy buckets!!! You had me at cheesecake!!!!!!!!

TerriK said...

OMG, Linda, this sounds wonderful. Cant wait to try it.