Monday, September 19, 2016

Triple Layered Mat Technique

I don't own a lot of oversized stamps and don't use them too often.  When I saw this technique I realized it would give me an opportunity to use one of them as well as the Distress Inks I have on hand.

Mat sizes:  3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
                   2 3/4" x 4"
                   2" x 3 1/4"

In order to keep the mats in place, I put a dot of ATG tape on each just to hold it while it was stamped.

I inked the entire 4 1/2" x 6" stamp and, with it laying with the inked side up, placed the mats onto the stamp.  That allowed me to select just the area of the image I wanted to use.

With the mats still layered, I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to shade the image.  Then I separated the images and layered them with pop dots.




No comments: