Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wine Group Tonight

Several years ago I gathered some friends and began to host a wine group each month.  It's been so much fun to host the event!  It gives us a chance to catch up, share some good food and taste different types of wines.  

I choose a theme and decorate the table and plan the food around that.  My sister's hosting tonight at her house.  She chose an Americana theme for the table with tons of red, white and blue decorations.  However, somewhere, our menu went "South" literally and we're having Tex-Mex food! 

Oklahoma has a number of wineries.  As a matter of fact, there are four within 30 miles of our house.  Tonight's group will be tasting four wines from Oklahoma as well as some wine-a-ritas.  I thought the wine-a-ritas would be appropriate with our food.

I have the wines we'll be tasting in the fridge chilling, my contribution to the meal ready to go and got out my wine glass that I embellished with vinyl.  Of course, I had to use the wine charm that Shirley, aka Okieladybug, included in our goodie bags at her Christmas party.  They're really handy when you're in a group so you always know which glass is yours.

I made each of the ladies in the wine group one of these as their favor at our last meeting. They thought they were so cute, that we decided to make them the official glass for our meeting. 

The weather's beautiful, I have everything ready to take tonight and unless something breaks or goes wrong, I'm pretty sure I can use the "easy day" measure on my glass tonight.






No comments: