Thursday, May 9, 2013

Butterfly Postcard Stamp Card

This is the card I was working on when my best laid plans went totally South.  The We R Memory Keepers punch jammed, AGAIN, and it took at least 10 minutes for Fred and me to get it to release the paper trapped inside.

Once it was unjammed, I was able to punch enough border strips to complete the series of cards I had laid out.  When I picked up my bottle of Scotch Quick Dry adhesive to attach the borders, the side split and glue gushed down the side of the bottle.

By that time, I was in no humor to finish these!  I cleaned up my mess and quit for the night.  Some days it just doesn't pay to make a plan! LOL!

So, I've placed We R Memory Keepers punches on my "don't buy any more of these" list.  They're marginally better than the mediocre quality Martha Stewart punches I own and they cost quite a bit more than the MS ones.

 The only reason I have the WRMK punches is because I got carried away watching a presentation on HSN during a scrapbooking show.  Silly me, I signed up for an auto-ship program and am scheduled to receive three more shipments.
 ***note to self:  CALL HSN AND GET THOSE STOPPED!***

The stamp I used is one that I found at And Bear Makes 3 in Moore.  It may be a Hero Art image.  I don't keep the packaging so I never know for sure where these things come from once they're in my catalog and stored in the stamp cases.

My version of a card by Vicki Bridges
The image was stamped on light pink cardstock, then distressed with Tim Holtz inks.  I used a corner rounder to soften the edges and then tore off one corner and inked the edges.

No comments: