Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Plaid Butterfly Card

When Northridge Publishing emailed me with an offer to do an online subscription to Cards magazine, they were running a special "back issue pass".  I think the fee was only about $12.00 and it gave me access to all their magazine's back issues.

Online subscriptions are great for me.  I love getting ideas from magazines but don't have a lot of shelf space to keep them.  When a new issue comes out, I download it onto my computer so that I don't have to be online to access it.  Then, when I get stumped for a card idea, I just "click" my way through the issues until I find one that strikes my fancy.

This card was inspired by one seen in the December, 2008 issue of Cards.  The papers came from a mark-down display at the LSS. 

I used Elegant Edges for the butterfly and Cindy Loo for the scalloped border.

With no sentiment on the front, it can be used for any occasion.  I hope the Operation Write Home soldiers will like it.

5 comments:

Elaine said...

This is just lovely! The paper choice is gorgeous.

char52 said...

Love your card.. Funny but I still like to hold my magazines in hand... I love technology but haven't given up on holding magazines.. I do use a nook for books.

okieladybug or okie_ladybug said...

I remember that paper now!! I do have some but it's in my "for layouts" paper holders. The card is great!!

Anonymous said...

Love the papers and color combos -- gorgeous!!

TK

Brenda said...

Beautiful card!!