Saturday, December 17, 2011

Shirley Working on the Shadowbox

Just got home from spending the day at Shirley's house watching her design and assemble a 12 x 12 layout in a shadowbox.  I'll post photos of the finished product as soon as she sends them to me.  She set up her light box and made some really good photos.

For now, here's Shirley:

She's working her magic in Design Studio laying out the idea she has for the frame.  Notice the deep concentration!

I told her to turn around so I could get a better photo of her face!

She started on the project around 10:30 this morning and I left her house just before 7:00 this evening.  We did take a few breaks, went for lunch at Sante Fe Steak House and made a trip to Scraptopia.  I'm estimating that she worked at least 6 hours on the project!

My contribution was pretty much two sheets of cardstock and a little minor labor.  She entrusted me to shape some of the flower petals and to trim some paper off a couple of chipboard shapes.  Other than that, she did it all!  And, it turned out beautifully!  Hopefully, she'll get the photos uploaded and sent to me tomorrow so I can share them.  I can hardly wait to show off what she made!

2 comments:

Carrie K said...

I can't wait to see it!

Brenda said...

Great pics of Shirley! She is really concentrating hard in the first pic, I think I see a little smoke!! lol I can't wait to see what you two have made!!!