Friday, February 22, 2013

Flip Flop Card

My Cameo cut these 1 1/2" flip flops from the Traveler cartridge like "buttah".  Once I got them cut I realized the red portion was so tiny that putting Scotch Quick Dry glue on it would be virtually impossible.  The Xyron machine seemed like a good idea until I attempted to remove the cardstock from the adhesive strips.

I solved my problem by putting the strips from the Xyron machine through my Cuttlbug.  The pressure of the rollers smoothed the red cardstock pieces onto the adhesive and made it a snap to remove them.

This card was inspired by one seen on Pinterest by Debbie Olson.


3 comments:

VinDeeLoo said...

I love it!

KAT said...

great idea using xyron. i only have the sticker one. my question is, you know i don't have MTC or SCAL...i only have silhouette desgin studio. can i use images from my cricut carts in my sil. studio?
i know there must be some 'tricks' to this.

Linda said...

Yes you can Kat. Scroll down a few days on my blog and there's a post describing how I capture the images. Just open it up in your Silhouette software and do a trace.