Thursday, November 2, 2017

Soft Corn Tortillas -- 2 Smart Points

I used my Kitchenaid mixer to make these and it took no time at all.  The original recipe does not call for salt.  After tasting some, I did sprinkle the rest with salt before frying. Next batch I make will include the teaspoon of salt.

CORN TORTILLAS

2 cups Maseca Amarillo flour
1 1/3 cups warm water
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Mix until a ball forms.  Divide into 12 portions and roll each into a ball.
Place each piece in between waxed paper and press firmly with a plate.
Preheat a cast iron skillet and cook each tortilla 45 seconds on each side.

For the ingredients I used, the recipe totaled 24 Smart Points = 2 points per tortilla.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am lucky that I discovered this site, precisely the right information that
I was searching for!