Saturday, July 16, 2016

Embossed Vellum Card

While looking around online I saw a card using vellum and decided to try their technique myself.

The image is stamped on the front of the vellum using Versamark Ink and then embossed with white embossing powder.

You use markers to color the image on the reverse side of the embossing.  No need to be super careful when you color it in, just stay inside the lines. 

In order to try this, I just grabbed the first stamps I found that I knew would emboss well.  I used Stampin' Up water based markers to color in the images.  You'll need to let it dry for a couple of minutes before handling since they're water based.

Not a very fancy card by any means but a good reminder of a technique.  The colors are more muted than they appear in the photo.

2 comments:

Kat Schriber said...

i've forgotten this technique. (as so many others). gave me an idea. i have a ton of vellum just sitting here asking to be used on 'something.' i'll give it a go. thanks.

kat

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Linda: My name is Maria Rodriguez and I just found your blog through a card I found on Pinterest that I believe you made. It's a card made with playing cards, all arranged like a fan and the sentiment reads "just thought you could use a hand".
I'm on the Designer Team for the SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge blog and I needed to make a card using playing cards, so when I saw yours I immediately loved it and CASEd it for my card.
I want to give you credit for inspiring me with your awesome card so I was wondering if it's ok with you that I do this.
I was looking for an email address to contact you but your blog is all I could find.
If you want to contact me about this, my email address is
grandmamaria5@gmail.com
my blog is:
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Thank you for reading and for the inspiration, I think your card is awesome!!
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.