Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Heart Shaped Cherries Card

This card was inspired by one from Kelly in Florida.  I used her basic design and added my own touches.

The leaves were done with a Martha Stewart punch; the hearts were cut on my Cameo; the scalloped circles were punched.  I cut the kraft border on my Cameo and pierced it by hand.  The red border was done with a We R Memory Keepers punch.

The tiny red bows were purchased at Hobby Lobby at Christmas time.  They have them every year in the area where decorations for mini-trees are displayed.

It's difficult to adhere 1/8" ribbon onto cardstock.  Glue dots are all too large and make lumps that are visible, as does glue.  The best way I've found is to cut the ribbon to length and lay it on a teflon sheet.  Then apply ATG tape to the back side.  I used 1/4" wide tape so there is a small amount of adhesive that shows but it's simple to remove by just rubbing your index finger over it after you apply the ribbon to the cardstock.


No comments: