Sunday, June 5, 2016

Dill Pickle Pasta Salad

I found this recipe at Spend With Pennies.  Since I like pickles as well as pasta salad, I had to give it a try.  I didn't measure the ingredients, just assembled it with proportions that looked right to me.

Instead of dill pickles, I used baby Kosher dill, substituted dried dill weed for the fresh called for in the ingredients and used some baby elbow macaroni.

DILL PICKLE PASTA SALAD

½ lb dry shell pasta (about 3 cups) 
¾ cup sliced pickles 
⅔ cup cheddar cheese, diced 
3 tablespoons finely diced white onion 
2 tablespoons fresh dill 
½ cup pickle juice

Dressing
⅔ cup mayonnaise 
⅓ cup sour cream 
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper 
4 tablespoons pickle juice 
salt & pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Boil pasta al dente according to package directions. Run under cold water to stop cooking.
  2. Toss cold pasta with about ½ cup of pickle juice and set aside for about 5 minutes. Drain & discard pickle juice. (I didn't discard the juice.)
  3. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
  4. Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.


No comments: