Monday, May 26, 2014

Butterflies and Circles Card

Making cards became my hobby about five years ago.  Back then, stickers were pretty popular.  I found some sheets of large butterflies, intended to be used on walls, at the Dollar Tree.  I used all the smaller sized ones pretty quickly and was left with sheets of butterflies that are about 5" across. The sheets of stickers got stored on my shelves and covered up with other supplies.  I ran across them today and decided to use them.

It didn't take long to find some inspiration.  I wanted the butterfly to be the main focus on the card front so I opted to mount them on a punched circle.

The card looked too stark with just the sentiment, butterfly and circle so I added some pen work.  There's no way I could do the stitching around a circle and keep it straight so I used my Staedtler circle template.  I have a couple of these with different sized circles and use them a lot.  They're great to lay over an image to determine what size circle you need, etc.

The cardstock circles are 2 1/2" in diameter so I laid the 2 3/4" template over it to use as a guide for the pen work.














This is the template.  You can find them at Hobby Lobby or office supply stores located with the drafting supplies.

No comments: