Saturday, September 14, 2013

Etching With My Blasting Cabinet Today

It's beginning to cool off some in Oklahoma.  It's almost cool enough to enjoy working outside so I took the opportunity to use the blasting cabinet this afternoon.

A while back, I picked up these insulated tumblers at the Dollar Tree thinking I'd decorate them with vinyl for Christmas gifts.  Today, I etched some glassware for gifts and saw the tumblers on my shelf and decided to give etching on acrylic a try.

This stuff etches so quickly!  A single pass of the nozzle and the design's done.  I did the blue one first as a test and then a friend asked me to do one for her with the Texas longhorn emblem.



I'm not a football fan at all, but I did ask her if I could put the longhorn head on her cup upside down.  LOL! 

1 comment:

Carrie said...

And your friend LOVES it - especially when her HORNS are right side up!!!