Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Cheddar Bacon Cauliflower Potato Salad

A friend sent me this recipe from a low carb recipe blog.  It's really delicious.  I steamed the cauliflower in the microwave and next time I make this I'll get it just a little more tender.

Precooked bacon pieces were used in place of the bacon strips.  I keep a large bag of them in the freezer and just crisp them up on a paper towel in the microwave.  Frying bacon is a chore that I do not enjoy!

Dried dill was used so I cut the amount down.  If you like raw onions, the 1/4 cup might be okay.  I really don't so I used less onion too. 

Photo found online.




CHEDDAR BACON CAULIFLOWER POTATO SALAD
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Ingredients
  • 1 large head cauliflower
  • ½ cup grated cheddar
  • ⅓ cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 6 slices fried bacon, diced
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
  • 1 tablespoon dill
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Instructions
1.     Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and place in a steamer basket. 
2.     Steam for 3-5 minutes or until tender-crisp. 
3.     Add the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
4.     Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl of cauliflower and stir well to combine.
5.     Serve immediately.

No comments: