I cut a piece of copy paper the same size as the card front and drew a "V" shape in it to determine the angle and size for the neck opening. This was used as a template to mark the back side of the floral cardstock and cut it out.
The lacy collar was done with a Stampin' Up border punch and cut to 1/2" wide. The placket is also 1/2' wide. I embossed the blue cardstock to give it a more lacy look for the collar and placket.
Looking back at the papers I chose makes me wish I'd chosen something other than mini-dots for the bottom layer. Once the card front was assembled, I decided the large open "V" was too plain and added a Pearl Pen dot necklace. Dots on dots!
The flower shaped buttons are from the Dollar Tree. I was wandering around the store and discovered them on the aisle with the automotive stuff! They were no where near their craft supply area.
I used it to create the arc shape for the Pearl Pen dots in the necklace.
They had already been adhered to the card so, instead, I used a Pearl Pen and just added a faux thread across from side to side. It does improve the appearance of the buttons and I didn't have to fight to get thread looped though them!