Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Giant Butterfly Card

Dawn Griffith, a Stampin' Up demonstrator, posted a card like this using an over sized monarch butterfly stamp and some oval dies.  I thought it was cute since the butterfly image is inserted inside the ovals and decided to do my version of her card.

The butterfly stamp is one that I've considered buying and decided that I wouldn't use it often enough to justify the purchase.  I definitely don't need to buy oval dies since I have a Cameo and software to cut whatever size I need.

The butterfly on my card is actually a wall decal from Dollar Tree.  I applied it onto a piece of white cardstock for stability and cut it out by hand.  The ovals were cut to fit the butterfly.  One is cut from some yellow glitter paper.

Once the card was assembled I thought it was still too plain.  I added a punched border of daisies at the top and bottom and a paper daisy and decided it looked okay.


No comments: