Sunday, June 7, 2015

Chicken Tetrazzini for Two

Every time I decide to make chicken tetrazzini I have to go search for a recipe.  It's a dish that I really like but don't make often because I'm not too sure that DH even likes it. 

I jokingly said that I've been playing the home version of Iron Chef.  Rather than being given a mix match of ingredients to concoct a meal, I'm going through the cabinets, refrigerator and freezer, taking stock of what's on hand and making a meal.

Tonight I found a large can of chicken and that inspired the tetrazzini.  There was also a portion of a can of cream of mushroom soup in the freezer that needed to be used, and a jar of pimentos I'd had on hand for a while as well as a half box of spaghetti. There was a small portion of Velveeta cheese and some Parmesan that I'd grated and had left over from another meal last week.  So, it was just a matter of tossing it all together!

Chicken Tetrazzini for Two


1/4 box Ronzoni spaghetti
1 can cooked chicken --  I used chunk white meat
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
1 jar pimentos, drained
dried parsley
1/2 cup small cubes of Velveeta
3/4 cup good quality grated Parmesan cheese

Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the pasta water.  I add the water drained from the canned chicken to the pot.  It adds a lot of chicken flavor to the pasta.

In a nonstick pan, heat the soup, reserved pasta water, cheeses, pimentos, parsley, and chicken.  Add cooked pasta and serve.






No comments: