Thursday, July 6, 2017

Zucchini and Tomatoes - 0 Smart Points

Although I've eaten canned zucchini and tomatoes, I'd never tried to prepare them myself until today.

I had purchased a few zucchini and after fixing the same recipe a few times, I decided to try something different and it turned out really delicious.

The Smart Points total for the entire recipe is only one, so unless you eat the entire pan full, it's going to be zero points.




ZUCCHINI AND TOMATOES
Makes 3-4 servings -- 0 Smart Points per serving

1 can Hunt’s diced tomatoes
2 T. tomato paste
1 small zucchini, cut into chunks
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
¼ tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.  Cover and
simmer until zucchini is tender.  Top with grated
Parmesan cheese, if desired---add points for cheese if 
you decide to use it.

Smart Points
Tomato  paste      1

1 comment:

Lynda said...

We enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing it. I used fire roasted tomatoes because that's what I had, no tomato paste, and two zucchini, sliced.