Sunday, August 2, 2015

Three Windows Butterfly Card

In my opinion, this is one of the pretties cards I've made in a while.  It was inspired by one seen on a Stampin' Up blog.

Using MTC, I spaced three 1 1/4" squares on a piece of cardstock measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", the size of an A2 Card.  This was used as a mask to sponge the background.

While the mask was in place, I stamped the butterfly images on either end, then removed the mask and stamped the full butterfly image on the center square.

The sentiment stamp came from a Stampin' Up set that matches the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  The inside sentiment says "Joy, Love, Hope, Fun".  I randomly placed those stamps, leaving plenty of area to add a signature or a personal note.  Eggplant Envy was the ink I chose.

2 comments:

Linda w said...

Gorgeous card. What is MTC? Just discovered your blog and love your work. And I totally understand about packing up your stamping and moving forward. I have been there for awhile now. When the stamp stores started closing around here I was not able to teach anymore. How many cards can one create and just put in a box... Remember the card swaps and getting cards from all over the world. Oh and the stamping chats... It is hard to move on isn't it.

Linda said...

Thanks! MTC stands for Make The Cut software. I'll be sending as many of my cards that I can to a charity that uses them for terminal patients.