Monday, July 11, 2011

Used my new Tim Holtz stamps

Between my new Tim Holtz stamps, distress inks, photocopied images and computer generated sentiments, this is what I came up with today.

I must say, I'm using my computer/printer more and more in my card making.  I like photocopying images onto colored paper.  That totally changed the appearance of the butterflies and the postage stamps.

 The butterflies are photocopied, cut out by hand and then inked with TH Broken China blue ink.  They're pop dotted onto the card front.  I used a SU punch for the sentiment and added some Liquid Pearls.  The corner brackets are TH stamps and I used the same China Blue ink for those.
 I used charcoal ink for the stamped images.  Black seemed like it would be too harsh against the blue background.
 This is another example of photocopying an image onto colored paper to change it up. 
I used Vintage Photo distress ink on this one.  The cards done with the blue ink look better to me.  The postage stamps were photocopied onto a light blue paper to match the TH paper on the card front.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Those all look great! I had never thought to copy onto colored paper-I really like the effect. I also really like the vintage photo ink combined with the blue paper. TFS!

AndreaA said...

Great card Linda....
I think I have that stamp set...somewhere :)