Saturday, March 19, 2011

Owl Card by Renee Wayland

Renee Wayland has the cutest owl card on her blog:   http://www.paperrenee.com/

She had posted it on Facebook so I sent her a comment and told her I'd be scraplifting it for sure since I had the same paper she'd used.  Of course, when I looked for the owl printed paper, it's nowhere to be found! 

So, I took her concept and used my SU owl punch to make my interpretation of her card.

The brown ric-rack shape that I used for the branch was done with a SU scalloped edge punch using a technique I saw on Youtube.  It's super simple to do, once you get the hang of it!

Thanks, Renee for sharing your card layout!  Keep them coming, I need inspiration!  LOL!

3 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very cute Lind. Love the owls.

M from Texas said...

Cute, Linda!!!

I am so glad I figured out googlereader!! I'm feeling much more connected.

Loved your before/after pictures of your house. I know what you mean. This summer I had some interior painting done--not even walls. Just did the cabinets in bathrooms and kitchens. I didn't even change colors. I had them start on it the week I was in Tulsa, but I came home to a huge, huge mess and it was that way for another two weeks. I can't imagine doing everything you did. It's so nice to have everything back in order afterwards, though.

Maybe you can post some scrap room photos with your new tile...

Have a great day! I have my tin of cards in my scraproom and think of you often!

Robin's Crafting Creations said...

No Linda, you're a hoot. xoxox Fantastic card!