Thursday, March 3, 2011

No craft room!

It's been one whole month since the remodeling project began and I'm sooooo ready for it to be completed!

Our weather has been really cooperative and we've only had a few days delay on getting materials but it seems like I've walked around and climbed over boxes forever!

The job was scheduled for last October so that it would all be done before the holidays.  But, in the real world, carpenters can't always stick with their schedules.  Knowing we'd be tearing the house apart, I stopped doing any real deep cleaning last September.  When our anticipated start date came and went, I just continued my hit and miss cleaning in case the job would begin.

I'd just about decided to give up and postpone the work indefinitely when we got the call that they'd start in a few days.  So, all the boxes I'd hoarded and stacked in the garage finally got to be used for packing up all the items in the living room, hall and bath.

That was a month ago.

The living room, hall and bath have been completed with the exception of the new carpet.  Now, I'm sitting in a totally empty craft room waiting, with my fingers crossed, for the flooring guy to put in my new tile tomorrow.

All my shelving, JetMax cubes and supplies are stacked, guess where?  In the living room.  More boxes to crawl over and walk around!

Later tonight, we'll disconnect my computer and stack it, the two countertop units and the base units in the living room too.  

My plan is to reconfigure my craft room as soon as the floor man gets in his truck to leave.  He better not tell me I can't put my things back on the new tile tomorrow !  LOL!  If he isn't going to install the carpet on Saturday, I'll have the weekend to get all my things back into my craft room. cleaned and reorganized.

I think moving everything out and putting it back is the only way I'll ever be able to truly clean the craft room! 

And, you may never hear me say this again, but, I want to clean my house! 

 There's sheetrock dust in every nook and cranny, sawdust and tile dust in the garage floor, and I need my house back!  I've never been a real picky housekeeper--there's always been so many other fun things to do than clean--but my house is always clean.  There's a sign in my kitchen that was a wedding gift, over 40 years ago, that says "This house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy." 

Once everything is back in place, I'll take some photos and post them to remind me how much work was done.  Am I going to scrap this?  No way!  Somethings are just better not remembered!  LOL!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I hope you can get your craft room back soon! Construction and remodeling projects always take about ten times longer than expected, don't they? Good luck with everything!